Privacy and cookies policy
Pursuant to article no. 13 of the Regulation EU n. 2016/679 (GDPR), and in general in observance of the principle of transparency set forth in the above Regulation, personal data will be processed with automated tools for the management of web services connected with the FBK website, within the framework of the institutional objectives of scientific research and administrative activities.
The Data Controller is Fondazione Bruno Kessler, with registered office in Via S. Croce, 77, 38122. Trento (Italy).
For contact and specific information regarding the protection of personal data, including the exercise of the rights referred to in item 9, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Protection Officer
Pursuant to art. 37 of the Regulation, the Data Controller has designated a Data Protection Officer (DPO). The DPO may be reached via the following channels: email@example.com, Ph. +39.0461.314.370
Place of Data Processing and Data Sharing
The personal data that appear on the website and the relevant web services are mainly processed in the offices located in the technological hub located at Povo, via Sommarive 18 – 38 123 Trento (Italy) and are processed only by authorized staff of the Digital Communication and Big Events Unit and by the staff in charge of website updating in the FBK Research Centers and Research Support and Administration Services Division, each for the respective site(s).
In case of need, website and newsletter related data may be processed by the staff of the website technological maintenance provider, at the provider’s headquarters.
No data deriving from the web service is shared or disseminated, except in cases expressly provided for by the law. Personal data provided by users are used only to perform the service or work required and are disclosed to third parties only if this is necessary for that purpose.
Types of processed data and purpose of the processing
When users browse the website, it acquires some navigation data, whose transmission is implicit in internet communication protocols. Data are not collected to be associated to the identified people concerned.
Data are used to obtain aggregated and anonymous statistical information on website usage and to check its correct operation. Data are stored only for as long as it is necessary. Data may be used to ascertain the responsibility of users in case of potential digital crimes affecting the website.
Data provided voluntarily by users
The optional, voluntary and explicit transmission of personal data, including email address, required in the website related web services (e.g. subscribing to newsletters and completing FBK Magazine contributor) entails the subsequent acquisition of such data for the sole purpose of replying/responding to the users’ requests and managing the web services. Specific policies will be progressively posted or displayed on the website pages designed for special on-demand services.
Cookies active in this website do not record personal data. FBK websites usually use Google Analytics, a data analysis service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”) to improve the usability of web services and the communications with users, to assess user internationalization levels, to promote institutional activities according to the various communication target groups. Google may disclose the data collected to third parties, if required by law. Data are collected for institutional purposes only and shall never be transferred for commercial purposes. For further information see https://www.google.it/analytics/terms/us.html
The website uses the following cookies:
Cookies that allow:
Website navigation and usability;
Aggregated collection of information on number of users and how users visit the website (“Google analytics”);
Browsing in function of selected criteria (e.g. language, “functionalities cookies”) to improve user experience.
These cookies are not used for purposes other than those described above and therefore their installation does not require your consent.
Third-party profiling cookies
These cookies are installed by parties other than FBK and need your consent to be installed. If you refuse consent, they will be not installed.We may allow third-parties from other providers that need your consent; if not given they will not be installed.
Please follow the links below to view the privacy policies of the above third parties where you will be allowed to consent to the installation of such cookies. Please note that if you do not express your preference and continue your navigation in the website, you will consent to the use of such cookies.
Aggregated collection of information on number of users and how users visit the website
Application online archive for the integration of free fonts for web interfaces
Web mapping service
To disable, remove or block cookies you can use your browser’s settings or the DNT option (Do Not Track), if applicable. FBK does not guarantee the full operation of the website when cookies have been disabled.
How to disable cookies from browsers
Method and length of data processing
Personal data shall be processed:
with automatic tools;
by individuals authorized to perform such tasks by the Law;
by using proper measures to ensure confidentiality and avoid access by non-authorized third parties;
only for the time necessary to achieve the purposes for which they were collected.
Rights of the person concerned
Pursuant to Section III of the GDPR, the person concerned shall be entitled to exercise their right to:
- access personal data (you will therefore have the right to have free information about the personal data held by the Data Controller, as well as to obtain a copy thereof in an accessible format);
- amend incorrect, inaccurate or old data (upon your request, where the data do not express evaluation elements);
- withdraw consent (if you had consented to the processing, you may withdraw your consent at any time and upon such revocation of consent your data shall no longer be processed)
- cancel their personal data – right to be forgotten (for example, in case of withdrawal of consent, if there is no other legal basis for data processing);
- restrict data processing (in certain cases – dispute the accuracy of the data, within the timeframe necessary for verification; dispute the lawfulness of the processing with refusal to the cancellation; your need to use the data to exercise your defense rights, while they are no longer useful for the purposes of the processing; in the event that the processing has been denied, while the necessary checks are being carried out – the data will be stored in such a manner that they may be restored if need be, but, in the meantime, cannot be consulted by the Controller if not in relation to the validity of your request for restriction);
- deny consent to the processing due to legitimate reasons (under certain circumstances, you may in any case object to the processing of data, and in any case you may refuse processing for direct marketing purposes);
- data portability (upon your request, the data shall be transmitted to the subject indicated by you in such a format that they can be easily consulted and used).
- advance a dispute to the Supervisory Authority (Privacy Authority).